A. JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary task of AIPP Officer for Fundraising is to assist in fundraising and financial management of the AIPP secretariat and member-organizations. The work includes the coordination and implementation of the fund-raising strategy of AIPP to secure financial resources and achieve sustainability of its programme implementation on a long-term basis. Specific responsibilities include preparing/finalizing proposals, conducting trainings on finance management for members and partner-organizations, monitoring funding opportunities and providing advise on fund raising.
B. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the formulation of the AIPP fundraising strategies and coordinate its implementation by the AIPP secretariat
- Prepare proposals of AIPP and assist programme coordinators and AIPP members in finalizing their proposals
- Conduct research on funders, opportunities and trends in funding for IPs for dissemination to AIPP members and partners
- Prepare a simple guide for proposal writing for member-organizations
- Conduct trainings on finance management for member-organizations and project-partners
- Assist the finance staff in finalizing finance report to AIPP donors
- Assist programme coordinators and the ASG in finalizing reports to AIPP donors
- Should be an indigenous person with experience in working with IP organizations/communities and with sufficient knowledge on indigenous peoples issues and rights
- At least three years of work experience in fundraising (project proposal writing and well versed on the Logical Framework (LOGFRAME) for proposal and project management, budget preparation)
- Capable to effectively manage a small fundraising team
- Capable to coordinate the implementation of fundraising strategies
- Skilled in providing training and mentoring on project management
- Excellent command of written and spoken English including writing reports and proposals
- Posses high level of computer skills
- Willing to be based at the Regional Office of AIPP based in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Adaptive to a multicultural working environment
- Flexible to do multi-tasks
- Salary based on qualifications and subject to the salary scale of AIPP
- Benefits: housing allowance, health insurance, and allowance for personal communication and an annual return airfare ticket for family visit; 13th month pay, providence fund for staff; two weeks paid leave, 2 weeks paid year-end holiday, 2 weeks non-paid holidays
Work Contract shall be for 1 year (renewable) with six month as probationary period.
The successful applicant shall start work at the AIPP secretariat Office in Chiang Mai by March/April 2012.
- Anyone interested shall submit their application form, together with their CV and at least one letter of recommendation/endorsement and two reference persons with their full contact details. The requirements for application shall be sent to the AIPP Secretary General: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.
- The deadline of submission . Only those qualified shall be considered in the shortlist of applicants.
- Shortlisted applicants shall be notified and shall be interviewed via phone from February 28 Feb – 1 March, 2012.
- The decision shall be made within March 2012.